Monday, February 19, 2007

Posterized!

I used to feel sorry for Shawn Bradley. Sure he was 7-foot-6 and a multi-millionaire after 11 years in the NBA, but he was also the most-posterized player in history. The fact that he was a tall, white stiff made him the most-appealing target to dunk on ever. So many players dunked on Bradley, including fellow sticks Gheorghe Muresan and Yao Ming, that SportsCenter even had a Top 10 list of dunks on him. But after seeing Dwyane Wade's new Gatorade commercial during the All-Star Game (sorry no link), I don't pity Bradley any more. Bradley, who retired two years ago, took a paycheck to let Wade dunk on him during the commercial. Now I don't even feel sorry for Tracy McGrady's playoff throwdown or Mark Davis bodyslamming and kicking him. Show some pride Shawn!

1 comment:

Chad said...

I spent an afternoon with Shawn once. I think my nose was about even with his belly button.

I'd be happy to step into Shawn's place and get dunked on if I could have the paycheck!