Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Are we getting dumber?

I love trivia quizzes, so of course I was excited when the new show, "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" began being produced. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but I have it recorded on DVR, so don't tell me who our first president was or any such knowledge that I may need. I'm looking forward to a fun time. In the meantime, I saw this hilarious video on YouTube that combines the joy of a trivia contest with the pleasure of laughing at stupid people. Using man-on-the-street interviews, the reporter begins by asking Americans to name a country that starts with "U." Check it out. It would be interesting, or scary, if the reporter would just ask these folks if they vote.

1 comment:

Andria said...

Wonderful.
I've heard there's an online teen group called "I scored better on the SAT than President Bush."
It's a large group.

I've finally done my web critique, and apologies to this week's summarizer for making it so last minute.